December 13th, 2013
|ysabetwordsmith||04:31 pm - The Six Races: The Beneberak|
This is the bonus material for the December 3, 2013 Poetry Fishbowl. It's the latest installment in describing the six races of the series A Conflagration of Dragons. Begin with Part 1, Part 2, Part 3.
( Watch the world burn ...Collapse )
Current Mood: busy
|cho_malfoy||01:30 pm - December meme, day thirteen.|
Happy Friday the thirteenth/Beyonce day! I can't say I ever want to be famous, exactly, but the power it takes to sell 80k copies of an album in three hours with no promotion. Just.
Anyway, today's December meme topic comes from akamine_chan: How important is music in your life?
(All the topics/days!)
( Short answer: very.Collapse )
Also posted on Dreamwidth ( comment[s]). Comment using a DW account or LJ OpenID.
I submitted my Secret Santa fic this morning! I really hope my giftee likes it...
This means I can finally devote attention to the next chapter of Adjectives Assemble. I still want to have the fic completed by the time Cap 2 comes out, but who knows. It's difficult to say with all the work I have to do for my approaching thesis deadline. Including this chapter there are about five or six chapters of Adjectives to go according to my outline.
And to think I was planning for this fic to be 15-20,000 words at most. :P
|the_siobhan||03:31 pm - stealth geek no more|
We just had the office gift exchange.
My gifter got me this.
I think they're on to me.
This entry was originally posted at http://the-siobhan.dreamwidth.org/395406.html. There are comments on this post. Please comment there using OpenID.
Current Mood: amused
|davidbrider||07:49 pm - Talk about irritating!|
As many of you may know, I live in the Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead.
I am a fan, at least in a moderate way, of the comedian Susan Calman, who is Scottish and lives in Glasgow.
Susan is doing a bit of a tour thing in the first quarter of next year. One of the dates is at the Old Town Hall in Hemel Hempstead. I would, of course, love to go to see her, because apart from it being a conveniently local gig, the Old Town Hall is a really lovely venue.
Sadly, I can't go to see her, because I won't be in Hemel Hempstead on that particular night.
Specifically, irony of ironies, I'll be in Glasgow.
|frith_in_thorns||06:41 pm - miles of memory and open folds|
Meme brought over from FB:
List 10 books that have stayed with you. Don't take but a few minutes, and don't think too hard - they don't have to be the 'right' or 'great' works, just ones which have touched you.
1. The Little Bookroom, by Eleanor Farjeon
2. The King of the Copper Mountains, by Paul Biegel
3. The Wind on Fire trilogy, by William Nicholson
4. Feet of Clay, by Terry Pratchett
5. The Lion Tamer's Daughter, by Peter Dickinson
6. The Tin Princess, by Philip Pullman
7. Catkin, by Antonia Barber
8. The Wanderings of Odysseus, by Rosemary Sutcliffe
9. The Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien
10. Skellig, by David Almond
Posted at http://frith-in-thorns.dreamwidth.org/111661.html with comments.
Current Mood: happy
Current Music: Vienna Teng: Close to Home
|singloom||07:21 pm - Loomy's 2013 Advent Calendar December 13th|
To the bringer of murder mystery feels and Battle Royale-esque survival games, I give you Dangan Ronpa, one of the later shows I bit the bullet and watched this year. Students trapped in school and are promised freedom if they can murder another student and get away with it. Don't get too attached to that boy or girl you like because there's a good chance they might not be around for too long.
Despite the fact I got spoiled for the first two deaths (thanks, Neo magazine,) it's still a very intriguing series just to find out who is next and who was responsible. I have to admit, there were some deaths I was not expecting (at least as early as they were,) but that only made them more heartfelt because against my better judgement, I really liked certain characters only to be betrayed with feels when something happened.
There's also some really good twists in this series, especially during the "trial" moments when the other students are trying to figure out who done it. Give it a watch.
Current Mood: apathetic
Current Music: Zombies Ate My Neighbors: Here She Lies - PART 7 - Game Grumps
|ysabetwordsmith||01:09 pm - The Real Face of Jesus|
Forensic anthropology reveals what Jesus would have looked like.
This is really well done. I would've expected the cheekbones to be a smidge narrower and the nose a bit more arched, but I can look at this and say, "Yeah, that's Jesus." Such is not true of the white Christs that are the prevailing portrayal.
His appearance matters, because it can influence how people respond to each other. So that's one reason why I write things like "Sharper Than Nails." If the guy in this new picture showed up in today's world, he'd get a downright hostile reception. Again.
Current Mood: pleased
|nytekat||01:05 pm - i hate winter|
i hate the fact i need a humidifier. dry skin, sucks.
I can tell it's winter, because my excema is turning more into dry skin type excema and the skin on my lips/hands/feet is trying to split and otherwise get horrible.
|othercat||12:00 pm - My tweets|
( Read more...Collapse )</lj-cut
- Thu, 12:41: links... - Added links to trenchantGratisdicta (my contra! Dave rp/ask blog) and the main contra legem ask... http://t.co/suKday2Tcj
- Thu, 14:37: And two hours later I've got this mess of a fanfic. - brightblueinky: othercat2: brightblueinky: oh geez... http://t.co/5tCPmaaWqr
- Thu, 15:38: brightblueinky: pinnedbutterfly replied to your post “pinnedbutterfly replied to your post “pinnedbutterfly... http://t.co/k28RrDZGJn
- Thu, 15:40: Photo: brightblueinky: hao-hime: sketch by Asakura-Yoh-z0�^^ aw, this is cute! Is she confessing to Aion? I... http://t.co/Xsrkr0txF9
- Thu, 15:44: Photoset: betas http://t.co/rNZf8fWbc3
- Thu, 15:53: brightblueinky: pinnedbutterfly replied to your post “pinnedbutterfly replied to your post:pinnedbutterfly... http://t.co/t8c5cDzEcj
- Thu, 15:58: Photo: last-snowfall: hannibal-and-dory: sentientmasstransit: moonspeakminibot: nessa-the-outcast: shisno:... http://t.co/cLaaefe0sv
- Thu, 17:50: brightblueinky: othercat2: brightblueinky: pinnedbutterfly replied to your post “pinnedbutterfly replied to... http://t.co/flDBVI0cLk
- Thu, 19:39: Photo: whitechoko: http://t.co/B5tODmmGIT
- Thu, 19:58: Ask My Characters Questions! - Ask contra legem! Dave questions here. Ask the rest of the contra legem cast... http://t.co/FcXmi35lg2
|rkt||12:00 pm - My tweets|
|the_siobhan||12:38 pm - through the way-back machine|
sabotabby gave me the prompt;
The most bizarre adventure you've had.
The problem is I've already written down most of my adventures. And I'm smarter these days - or at least more experienced - so nothing seriously weird has happened to me in a long time.
So I picked out the two that I think rate pretty high on the "bizarre" scale and I'm just going to link them here.
The Ballad of Hillard
Holiday in Cambodia
You all can tell me which one you think wins.
Comment here or at the original post if you want to add a suggestion of things to write about.
This entry was originally posted at http://the-siobhan.dreamwidth.org/395144.html. There are comments on this post. Please comment there using OpenID.
Current Mood: Friday!Friday!Friday!Friday!Fr
|singloom||05:21 pm - TEAM ZESTY|
So, Big Super Duper news about Tales of Zestiria for the Playstation 3 yesterday? Makes a Loomy super hyped!
The male protagonist Slay gives me Dynasty Warriors 6 Lu Xun vibes and his clothing reminds me of Symphonia's Colette. I can't wait to see what kind of characters he and the revealed female character Alicia will be like.#
Oh, and did I mention dragons? Yep. Dragons. Excite.
Current Mood: gloomy
Current Music: "Giant's Cry" - La Mulana
|vendettaxviolin||12:02 pm - My tweets|
- Thu, 14:28: Joffrey Baratheon is such a pussy, Loras Tyrrell wouldn't have sex with him. #RoastJoffrey
- Thu, 14:32: Joffrey is so hated, the Whitewalkers have more sympathizers than he does. #RoastJoffrey
- Thu, 14:34: Even if he wasn't her son, Cersei still wouldn't bed him. #RoastJoffrey
- Thu, 14:39: Joffrey is so manly, it takes someone half the man he is to face him. Luckily, the Imp is just the half-man for the job. #RoastJoffrey
- Thu, 15:00: RT @SpanglysWriter: Pretty sure even Varys has more balls than Joffrey. #RoastJoffrey @GameOfThrones
- Thu, 16:09: RT @DuhPranavDuuhhh: Joffrey would cheat off someone's test and then have them killed for not scoring high enough. #RoastJoffrey
- Thu, 16:10: RT @Comic_Kong: @GameOfThrones If you're the 'Lion King', then the monkey should have dropped you off of the cliff. #RoastJoffrey
- Thu, 16:10: RT @heyitsheat6: if joffrey were anymore inbred he'd be a sandwich. #RoastJoffrey
|greenwick||04:16 am - My tweets|
|singloom||12:04 pm - My tweets|
( Read more...Collapse )</l
- Thu, 16:40: RT @TalesofU: Using #Zestiria RT & tell us why you’re looking forward to Tales of Zestiria coming to Europe to possibly win prizes! http://…
- Thu, 16:47: Reblog if you post/have these in your blog: - kisa-tiger-san: Tales of Xillia Tales of the Abyss Tales of... http://t.co/p5Hp4u51Gz
- Thu, 16:48: Photoset: ouroplush: Articles from Animage 01/2014 Pash! 01/2014 http://t.co/ltJ7ROS59q
- Thu, 17:16: Photo: abyssalchronicles: Tales of Zestiria Localization Confirmed! Zestiria’s Coming To Both The US and To... http://t.co/cfxTdmMEqJ
- Thu, 17:19: Photoset: shokatsuryou: poundyouorme: makethisplacefeelokay: Probably one of my favorite posts I’ve ever... http://t.co/rFbveKLpJg
- Thu, 17:22: Photoset: terraterracotta: sanyawaffles: chocolatesingularity: Some QUALITY anime and manga pictures I have... http://t.co/fIbNDxmqXr
- Thu, 17:40: Photo: http://t.co/7oVMXgvh7D
- Thu, 18:10: Photoset: rainnecassidy: 2srooky: mockingatlas: prismatic-bell: Can we just stop and talk about this for a... http://t.co/lzott2OEbA
- Thu, 18:22: Photoset: the-cat-with-hands: comicbookcosplay: BECAUSE YOU DEMANDED IT! An expanded set... http://t.co/uRjcYEzPGf
- Thu, 18:32: Photoset: dorkly: The Most Annoying Gamers On the Internet http://t.co/JbcHshCTXq
|alias_sqbr||07:51 pm - Ugh Joss Whedon|
Started watching the latest Agents of Shield (S1 Episode 10, The Bridge).
( Stopped watching the latest Agents of ShieldCollapse )
This entry was originally posted at http://alias-sqbr.dreamwidth.org/522302.html. There are comments.
|rmd||06:41 am - Anyone looking for tix to Jim Brickman Saturday?|
In case anyone I know around here wants to get their Christmas piano action on, I know someone looking to sell five tickets to Jim Brickman at Berklee on Sat. Craigslist post.